(ISC)² Security Congress
Terms and Conditions of Attendance and Participation
These are the terms (the “Agreement”) that govern your attendance at and/or participation in an (ISC)² event (collectively referred to herein as (ISC)² Security Congress (the “Event”).
By registering for the Event, you are agreeing to these terms, which form a legal contract between International Information System Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (“(ISC)²”), and the registered attendee and/or participant (“you”). If you are registering on behalf of another it is your responsibility to ensure that the person attending is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by completing the registration you are warranting that you have made the attendee aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
1. Event Admission
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you to admittance to the Event. You will receive essential information for registered attendees electronically at the email address provided on your registration form. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance (including without limitation any travel and/or accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you and (ISC)² shall have not liability for such costs. You agree to not sell, trade, transfer, or share your event access code/link, unless such transfer is granted by (ISC)². If (ISC)² determines that you have violated this policy, (ISC)² may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, ban you from future Virtual Events, and take any additional action it deems necessary.
- Age Requirement. Attendees 18 and over are allowed to participate. If you are under 18, you must be accompanied by an adult.
- Photography, Audio and Video Recording. By attending the Event you acknowledge and agree to grant (ISC)² the right at the Event to record, film, live stream, photograph or capture your likeness in any media now available and hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to (ISC)² includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use and/or disseminate the media.
- Event Content. You acknowledge and agree that (ISC)², in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, format, programming, theme, content, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue and time.
- Views and Opinions. The views and opinions expressed in the program sessions are those of the speaker(s) and do not necessarily reflect the position of (ISC)².
- Payment. The payment of the applicable fee(s) for the Event is due as follows:
a. Credit card payments must be received prior to September 30th of completing your registration to receive the Early Bird Discount and are due at the time of registration
b. Purchase Order and Wire Transfer payments are due within 30 Days. Any payment not received within this time frame will require cancellation of registration. Payments must be received prior to September 30th to receive the Early Bird Discount
i. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason (ISC)² may refuse to admit you to the Event and shall have no liability in that regard.
ii. Taxes. The fee(s) may be subjected to sales tax, value added tax, or any other taxes and duties which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fee(s).
3. Refund and Cancellation Policy
- All cancellation requests must be submitted via email to [email protected] by October 16, 2020 to receive a full refund.
- Refunds will not be given for no-shows.
- No refunds are available for cancellations after this date or for “no shows”. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not access the Event, you are still responsible for payment. Cancellations are subject to the entire Event registration fee. Under no circumstances shall (ISC)² be obligated to refund all or a portion of the registration fee.
- Refunds must be given in the form of payment it was received.
4. CPE Credit
(ISC)² credential holders are required to earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits to remain a member in good standing. The CPE requirement is intended to ensure one maintains competencies following initial certification. By developing and enhancing skills through CPE activities, members are making an important investment in oneself and increasing one’s value to customers and employer’s alike.
- All Access Pass (November 16 – 18) – All Access Pass attendees will have access to upwards of 40 sessions by presenters from around the globe. Professional development sessions will provide actionable insights into a wide array of both technical and soft skills topics including Cloud Security, DevSecOps, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), Career Development, Privacy, workforce challenges and more.
- Two-Day Pre-Conference Training (November 14 – 15) – This year’s two-day pre-conference training options include CISSP® Introduction and CCSP® Cloud Security. All pre-conference trainings will be held Saturday and Sunday.
- By attending both the two-day pre-conference training followed by the three-day conference, up to 45 total CPEs can be earned dependent upon participation or content viewing times by attending live and on-demand sessions. Presentations will be recorded and available on-demand to registered attendees for one year after the conference.
- To ensure CPE credits will automatically post to (ISC)² members’ accounts, they must include their (ISC)² member number upon initial registration. It will take approximately 5-10 business days post-event for (ISC)² to apply the earned CPE credits. Those who do not include their member ID number upon registering will need to manually submit their CPEs post-conference. In the event that duplicate entries are made, it is the member’s responsibility to remove the duplicate entry.
- Non-members & students can still earn CPEs. To request a Certificate of Attendance, please email [email protected] to receive your certificate within 2 – 3 weeks post-conference.
- For more information about CPEs, please refer to https://www.isc2.org/Member-Resources/CPE-Overview upon logging in to the (ISC)² Member Portal.
6. Events Code of Conduct
You are required to adhere to the (ISC)² Events Code of Conduct available at https://www.isc2.org/Policies-Procedures/Events-Code-of-Conduct) . (ISC)² will enforce this code and expect cooperation from all Event participants to help us promote a safe and enjoyable (ISC)² Security Congress experience for everyone.
7. Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by (ISC)², and/or the Event sponsors or speakers presenting at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content and/or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of (ISC)².
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by (ISC)² or grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of (ISC)², all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of (ISC)².
8. Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- (ISC)² gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event, and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties or fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness and merchantability. (ISC)² cannot accept responsibility or liability for reliance by the attendee or any person on any aspect of the Event and/or any information provided at the Event.
- Other than to the extent required as a matter of law, (ISC)² shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or any aspect thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- The maximum aggregate liability of (ISC)² for any claim in any way connected therewith or this Agreement whether in contract, tort or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission) shall be limited to the amount paid by the attendee to (ISC)² under this Agreement to attend the Event.
9. Updates to Terms
(ISC)² reserves the right to update and change any part or all of these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying you first. If we update or change these Terms and Conditions, the updated Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Security Congress website.
By checking “I agree”, you acknowledge that you have read, agree and consent to these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.