(ISC)2 CAP® Certified Authorization Professional Online Instructor Led Course
Instructor: Kevin Stoffell
Date & Time:
The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) online instructor led course covers the essentials of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF). The NIST RMF is the required process for Federal agencies to use in authorizing Information Technology (IT) systems for use and to ensure cybersecurity protections are applied to all Federal Systems. The CAP two-day course covers the essentials of the NIST process and combined with an individual study plan, prepares students for the CAP certification examination.
- Presentation. The facilitator will explain content to participants using PowerPoint to guide the presentation. Multiple examples will be used to clarify points.
- Short Lecture/Discussion. The facilitator will engage participants in conversation by asking questions and encouraging them to respond. Participants will be encouraged to provide examples from their experience.
- Individual/Group Activity. Participants may work in small teams or individually to study example problems and develop solutions based on course content. The facilitator will debrief with the entire class at the end of the activity.
After completing this workshop, participants will understand:
- The NIST Risk Management Framework Benefits
- The NIST Risk Management Framework process
- This NIST Risk Management Framework roles and responsibilities
- Methods to adapt the RMF to organizational needs
- Differences between RMF v1 and v2 (SP800-37 revision 1 vs revision2)
Day 1: Certified Authorization Professional CBK® Two-Day Review Seminar
- Chapter 1: Preparation Tasks
- Chapter 2: System Categorization
- Chapter 3: Control Selection
Day 2: Certified Authorization Professional CBK® Two-Day Review Seminar
- Chapter 4: System Implementation
- Chapter 5: Control Assessment
- Chapter 6: System Authorization
- Chapter 7: Continuous Monitoring
Who should attend?
(ISC)2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®) Two-Day course is ideal for IT, information security, and information assurance practitioners and contractors who use the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include system owners, system developers, security assessors, organizational risk management staff and system authorizers.
The ideal candidate should have experience, skills, or knowledge from:
- The U.S. federal government working with system authorization
- The Department of Defense Risk Management Framework
- Federal Contractors working with System Authorization
- State and local governments that adopt NIST frameworks
- Private sector organizations that adopt NIST frameworks
A stable and continuous internet connection is required. In order to record your completion of the online learning courses, please ensure you are connected to the internet at all times while taking the course.
- Processor 2 GHz +
- RAM 4 GB +
- Monitor minimum resolution (1024 x 768)
- Video Card
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Speakers/Headphones – (Noise-cancelling headset is recommended)
- Web Camera
Supported Operating Systems
- Macintosh OS X 10.10 to present
- Windows 10 to present
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Reader – https://get.adobe.com/reader/
CPEs for (ISC)2 Credentials – 16.0